Goodwood Ship Management is an independent ship management company that offers a comprehensive range of high quality marine services. Driven to exceed the expectations of our customers, we take the priorities of our customers as our very own by providing safe and cost effective management of the ships – synergistically working in partnership with our customers. At Goodwood Ship Management, we strive for Operational Excellence.
Goodwood is managed by a team of highly
skilled, experienced and dedicated professionals with many years of
shipping background and operational expertise to handle the most
complex international shipping operations. We take ownership and
embrace the owners' approach, allowing ship owners to secure and
service very long term contracts from the most demanding charterers.
We take challenges as opportunities. We enjoy working hard and making things happen.
Vision and Mission
To be the leading provider of Quality Ship Management Services to the Marine Industry
- To be a role model in our industry by providing a highly professional, dedicated and transparent ship management sevices to our customers/clients.
- To prevent human injury, loss of life and to avoid damage to the environment by pursuing a policy of zero accidents and zero spills.
- To encourage and foster an innovative spirit with the aim of continuously seeking improvements to the quality and services offered by us to our customers.
- To build a long lasting relationship with our customers and employees and to continuously aim to excel industry's highest standards.
- Strength through Stability & Continuity
- Quality through professionalism and reliability of service
- Teamwork within and with our clients
- Loyalty to our employees at sea and ashore
- Creativity and Responsiveness to our customers' needs
- ISM Document of Compliance by American Bureau of Shipping.
- ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001 by American Bureau of Shipping.
- Technical manager for the tanker Owners having long term contracts with various Oil Majors.
- U.S. Coast Guard Qualship 21 programme for our tankers.
- Green Award by Green Award Foundation.
Goodwood Organisational Structure
Board of Directors
Capt A.R. Sabnis - Managing Director
Prior to founding Goodwood Ship Management, Capt. Sabnis held the role of managing director in an International Ship Management Company for six years. He is a member of the technical committee of ABS and Lloyds Register of Shipping. His maritime experience spans more than 35 years.
Mr Bengt Hermelin - Director
Mr. Bengt Hermelin is CEO of Samco Shipholding Pte Ltd. He is also a director of Gard P&I (Bermuda) Ltd, Member of Intertanko's Council; Member of the Marshall Island's Quality Council and a Council Member of the American Bureau of Shipping.
Mr Jan Petter Roed - Director
Mr. Jan Petter Roed is actively involved in geothermal power plants and windmills in the US and globally, Mr. Roed is well versed with the technical, commercial and financial aspects of shipping.
Mr. Roed is both a shipowner and a member of the American Bureau of Shipping, sitting in the UK National Committee. Amongst his other achievements, his commendations include the Order of the NorthStar, Sweden, and the Order of the Falcon, Iceland.